When major incidents happen, organizations need Lead Investigators who have an array of well-honed skills to quickly and effectively navigate complex incident investigations and prevent recurrence.
The 3-Day Senior Investigator Course teaches individuals how to use the Kelvin TOP-SET Incident Investigation System to investigate all types / levels of incidents, take ownership of the investigation and manage the various challenging elements surrounding incident investigations including the Investigation Team itself.
Delegates are taught how to apply the 6-step TOP-SET System in ‘real-world’ scenarios using realistic case studies. The interactive and highly participative nature of the course helps bring the theory alive and enables fundamental understanding.
Truly Effective Incident Investigation
Kelvin TOP-SET is a complete Incident Investigation System from Planning to Root Cause Analysis and making recommendations. This course will ensure that Lead Investigators acquire the competence, and so confidence, to carry out investigations and lead Investigation Teams to minimize company-wide repercussions.
Learning Outcomes include:
• Being able to harness the power of the TOP-SET Action Card to keep investigations on track
• Understanding how to avoid thinking biases in the context of Investigations
• Composing accurate Incident Statements – the starting point for Root Cause Analyses
• Effectively planning investigations (conserving valuable resources)
• Using the TOP-SET Indicators to collect data / evidence
• Saving relevant data on the TOP-SET Storyboard and Timeline
• Conducting effective interviews
• Constructing logical and correct Root Cause Analyses
• Leading & Managing Investigation Teams
• Understanding the significance of ‘responsibility’ and ‘accountability’ and their relevance to
learning from incidents
• Appreciating the ‘human element’ involved in any incident
• Being aware of personality traits and diversity and their impact on investigations
• Creating appropriate and sustainable SMART Actions
More than just Root Cause Analysis
Root Cause Analysis is only one element of the Kelvin TOP-SET Incident Investigation System. Lead Investigators will taught how to apply each step of the process to maximum effect. The aim is to have Professional Incident Investigators equipped to cope with every eventuality in every industry.
Open (public) and In-house Courses are available
Each delegate receives a Kelvin TOP-SET 3-Day Senior Investigator Certificate and CPD points (21 hours) upon successful completion of the course.
For more information about this course please contact Kerry Wilson [email protected]